
This is how my 1968 Travco looked the day after I bought it. Oh the hidden sins that I was still blissfully unaware of. I got a buddy to drop me off and I drove it down from north western Washington. It drove fine but after reading all the stories on mytravco.com I was very careful. I stopped every 15 minutes or so to check out the vital signs. When I got close to the RV storage I took a wrong turn into a residential neighborhood. It was cramped quarters for this beast which has a huge turn radius. As I was jockeying back and forth to get out of there the Travco began to run rough and HUGE clouds of white smoke came out. I thought it was going to die right there but it kept running and I limped out to the storage area. It seemed to be running all right again. I called the seller and he said it sounds like water in the gas "just change the fuel filter and it should be fine." Well I did and he was right. It puffed white a couple of times after that but once the water was out of the tanks it never happend again.
No comments:
Post a Comment